- Located just east of Cascade Locks, Oregon, between Portland and Hood River on I-84.
- 23 acres of lush grass and historic group facilities make the Marine Park a favorite event location.
- Access to the spectrum of outdoor activities, including fishing, water sports, and hiking.
- Overlooks the stunning waterscape of the Columbia River Gorge.
Looking for an outdoor facility to host a group or family event? Cascade Locks Marine Park just east of Cascade Locks, Oregon is a great choice, with plenty of fun activities and a taste of local history. Listed in the National Register of Historic Places since 1974, the lush 23-acre park is a favorite spot for family reunions, company picnics, and weddings up to a thousand guests.
Location & Information
The quaint town of Cascade Locks is located 40 miles east of Portland and 20 miles west of Hood River on Oregon’s Interstate-84. Cascade Locks Marine Park sits just east of town on the Columbia banks.
There’s lots to do both outdoors and in at Cascade Locks Marine Park. Some activity choices include:
- Several indoor event rental spaces housed in what were once Historic Lock Tender homes.
- Sternwheeler Columbia Gorge makes Cascade Locks its home port; river excursions, brunch and dinner rides are available aboard this triple-decked paddle wheeler.
- Outdoor cookshacks, picnic areas, and playground.
- Three-acre Thunder Island accessible via footbridge can be reserved for a once-in-a-lifetime private event.
- The Thunder Island Riverwalk nature trail tours the island, flanked by towering Douglas firs and the Columbia River.
- Sail, swim, windsurf, or kiteboard in the river.
- Old Historic Locks forms a prime fishing spot and the park has a fish cleaning station near the restrooms.
- Cascade Locks Historic Museum, visitor’s center, and gift shop.
- Day-use boat launch and RV accommodations.