- Hillsboro Airport, 15 miles SW
- Troutdale Airport, 10 miles E
- Eugene Mahlon Sweet Airport, 110 miles S
- Eastern Oregon Regional Airport (Pendleton), 120 miles E
- Roberts Field (Bend/Redmond), 150 miles SE
Portland International Airport serves 90% of passengers to Oregon; its easily-recognizable airport code is PDX.
PDX lies 12 miles from downtown Portland, and is easily accessible by taking I-5 to I-84 East, or I-205 to Airport Way West.
The following airlines provide service to the Portland International Airport:
- Air Canada offers direct flights from Calgary, Vancouver, and Toronto.
- Alaska Airlines provide service to Alaska, Washington State, and California cities, Chicago, Boston, and Hawaii.
- American Airlines offers flights to Philadelphia, Oklahoma City, Washington DC, Memphis, and San Antonio via Dallas/Ft. Worth, as well as to Charlotte, Philadelphia, and Phoenix.
- Continental Airlines provides flights to Houston and New York City.
- Delta Airlines offers domestic service to Salt Lake, Minneapolis, Atlanta, NYC, and Detroit, and international flights to Amsterdam and Tokyo.
- Frontier Airlines provide direct flights to Denver and Milwaukee.
- Hawaiian Airlines connect with Maui Kahului and Honolulu.
- Horizon Air sends direct flights to smaller airports in the Northwest and northern California.
- JetBlue serves Long Beach and New York City/Kennedy.
- SeaPort Airlines flies to Pendleton, Seattle, Newport, or Astoria.
- Southwest Airlines offer direct flights to Albuquerque, Boise, Chicago, Denver, Kansas City, Las Vegas, Oakland, Phoenix, Reno, Sacramento, Salt Lake, San Jose, and Spokane.
- United Airlines has nonstop service to Chicago, Denver, Eugene, Klamath Falls, Los Angles, Medford, Coos Bay, Bend/Redmond, San Francisco, Seattle, and Washington DC/Dulles.
Inside Portland International Airport find 22 restaurants, 21 shops, and free Wi-Fi access with your wireless card.
Getting to/from PDX
PDX is easily accessible either by car, by light rail (TriMet MAX), or by bus from downtown Portland. Car rentals are available at the airport. A taxi ride to or from downtown will cost about $35. Several airporter shuttles also serve PDX.