- 600 acres of lovely forest, picnic areas, and Salmon River access.
- Located 39 miles east of Portland on Highway 26 near Welches.
- Open March-November for picnicking, fishing, swimming, hiking, and more.
The Wildwood Recreation Area near Welches, Oregon presents 600 acres of natural beauty with a plethora of activities to enjoy. The site’s 47 picnic sites are situated in a bend of the scenic Salmon River, and each unit is separated from the next by rich foliage to offer privacy; group event locations also are available. Two paved trails within Wildwood offer interpretive information about the flora and fauna, including an underground viewing window where visitors can witness fish migrating up the Salmon. The delightful Wildwood facility is open from mid-March through Thanksgiving weekend, with many activities and excursions to offer.
Location & Information
Wildwood is located 39 miles east of Portland on Highway 26 near Welches, Oregon. For park information or to reserve a group space, call (503) 622-3696.
- Cascade Streamwatch Trail, a ¾ mile accessible paved path with interpretative signage and the fish viewing structure.
- Wetlands Trail, another ¾ mile accessible paved loop, teaches the ecology of northwestern wetlands; provides access to the more difficult Boulder Ridge Trail, 4.7 miles up Huckleberry Mountain.
- Picnic facilities for individuals, families, or large group events.
- Swimming, inner tubing, and fishing.
- Volleyball and basketball courts, horseshoe pits, softball/baseball diamond, and playground (no equipment provided).