- Reserve rooms at Timberline by calling 1-800-547-1406.
- Timberline Lodge is open all 12 months of the year.
- Located 60 miles east of Portland, Oregon on the Mt. Hood Scenic Highway.
- Timberline Resort offers snow sports, mountaineering, sightseeing, hiking, mountain biking, and tours.
From crackling hearth fires to Express Chair Lifts, Timberline Lodge offers a unique, inviting experience. Declared a Historic National Monument in 1977, Timberline is open all year for skiing, snowboarding, hiking, sightseeing, and more.
Timberline Lodge is located less than 60 miles east of Portland; take US26-E (Mount Hood Scenic Highway) to Timberline Lodge Road. The Lodge sits on the south face of Mount Hood at 6,000 feet.
Attractions & Activities
Activities available at Timberline aim to showcase the rugged beauty of Mount Hood and the Pacific Northwest, including:
• Stunning Mt. Hood, Oregon’s tallest peak at 11,249 feet.
• 3,690 vertical feet of snow sport area featuring 41 snow sport trails, 9 lifts, and freestyle terrains.
• Magic Mile Sky Ride takes visitors to 7,000 feet for spectacular views of Mt. Hood, Mt. Jefferson, and the Palmer Snowfield glacier.
• Networks of hiking and mountain biking trails.
Details & Services
Timberline Lodge was built in the 1930s as a Works Progress Administration project during the Great Depression; this entire crafts building was constructed and furnished by hand. The lodge is well-known for film appearances, notably Kubrick’s 1980 The Shining.
Seventy guest rooms can be reserved year-round, including Fireplace, Corner, Twin/Queen, or Chalet. Handmade furnishings and artwork lend a unique and rustic charm. For reservations, call 1-800-547-1406.
A dining room, pub, and bistro are all housed within the Lodge; two other restaurants sit nearby. Local crafts and native art can be purchased in the Timberline Gallery.