Named for the switchbacks early settlers used to traverse its river canyon, Zigzag is one of the Oregon communities that make up the Mt. Hood Villages at the base of this famous mountain.
- Located on Highway 26 in the Mt. Hood Corridor.
- Find a rental cabin, vacation home, or campground where you can stay to enjoy the rich recreational opportunities around Mt. Hood.
- The historic Zigzag Ranger Station has answers to your questions about the mountain and its history.
The Mt. Hood Villages offer their visitors a base of operations from which to enjoy all the summertime play and winter snow recreation Mt. Hood and the Mt. Hood National Forest have to offer. Rent a cabin in Zigzag where you can rest after a long day’s ski or snowboard adventure and warm your feet by a crackling fire.
Zigzag is just west of Rhododendron and just north of Welches on U.S. Highway 26 in the Villages of Mt. Hood.
Lodging in Zigzag is primarily offered by a group of cabin rentals, but vacation home rentals also can be found through real estate agents. Three large campgrounds, Lost Creek, Little Crater Lake, and Trillium Lake, are near Zigzag too.
Its status as one of the Mt. Hood Villages means Zigzag provides opportunities for visitors to enjoy year-round mountain recreation on Mt. Hood’s slopes and in the surrounding National Forest.
- The Zigzag Ranger Station, built 1935, is listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
- The Zigzag River runs just past town.
From Hood River, take Highway 35 south to its intersection with U.S. Highway 26; drive west on 26 into the Mt. Hood Villages and Zigzag will be on your right.