White Salmon Washington
..Verify your business
White Salmon, Washington overlooking the Columbia River would be a great spot to visit on your tour of the Columbia River Gorge—this quaint little town was designed in Bavarian village style.
- White Salmon’s picturesque buildings were modeled after the architecture of a Bavarian village.
- Find White Salmon just across the Columbia River from Hood River, on the north side of the Hood River Bridge.
- Enjoy the lovely Columbia River Gorge scenery, or travel north into the Gifford Pinchot National Forest.
Picturesque White Salmon sits atop a 600-foot bluff overlooking the Columbia River Gorge, and its quaint Bavarian-style homes and streets are a joy to explore. From here you can enjoy beautiful gorge scenery and recreation, or drive north to experience the Gifford Pinchot National Forest.
White Salmon lies just across the Columbia River from Hood River, on the river’s Washington banks.
Lodging in White Salmon includes an inn and a bed & breakfast; an RV park and campground are close by. Dining choices include a bakery, espresso shop, wineries, a microbrewery, and two finer restaurants.
- Outdoor recreation, particularly whitewater rafting and fly fishing, is popular in the forests around White Salmon.
- Enjoy windsurfing and kiteboarding on the Columbia.
- Explore the architecture and shopping of this quaint Bavarian-style village.
The Gifford Pinchot National Forest’s perimeters are just north of White Salmon, with rivers, lakes, mountains, and Native American history to learn and explore.
To reach White Salmon from Hood River, just cross the Hood River Bridge (Oregon Highway 35) to the Columbia’s Washington shores and drive straight into White Salmon.