Cascade Locks Oregon
Quaint, picturesque Cascade Locks lies conveniently situated between Portland and Hood River, offering visitors friendly accommodations and Northwest flavor right in the heart of Oregon’s Columbia River Gorge Scenic Area.
- Small and quaint, Cascade Locks offers convenient access to sights, attractions, and activities along the Columbia Gorge.
- Located 40 miles from downtown Portland, 20 miles from Hood River, and 40 miles from Mount Hood.
- Enjoy watersports on the river, or check out Bonneville Dam or Bridge of the Gods located nearby.
Overview and Location
Little Cascade Locks, population 1,100, represents small-town Oregon at its finest. Visitors touring the Columbia River Gorge will find the town friendly and engaging, with easy access to downtown Portland and Hood River. Cascade Locks is about 40 miles from Portland (to the west) and 20 miles from Hood River (to the east) on I-84. Mount Hood is just a short 40 minutes to the south.
Although small, Cascade Locks features several affordable lodging choices, including inns, motels, hostel, and campground. A short list of restaurant options, from drive-in to fine dining, is available.
Activities and Attractions
- Water sports on the Columbia River include sailing, kayaking, windsurfing, and kiteboarding.
- Tour the Bonneville Dam, just 5 miles west of Cascade Locks.
- Cascade Locks Historical Museum describes regional history, from native tribes to Lewis & Clark to the Sternwheelers.
- Bridge of the Gods, built in 1926 where a natural land bridge once stood, crosses the Columbia from Cascade Locks to Stevenson, WA.
- Cascade Locks Marine Park houses the Columbia Gorge Sternwheeler.
From Portland, find Cascade Locks by traveling 40 miles east on I-84, enjoying the view of the spectacular Columbia River Gorge along the way.
Share Your Thoughts
- Cascade Locks, OR
Cascade Locks, Oregon is a small city located in the heart of the Columbia River Gorge.