The scenic byways threading through the breathtaking scenery of Oregon’s Columbia River Gorge and Hood River Valley’s rustic orchards make this area an excellent destination for a one-of-a-kind motorcycle tour.
- Awe-inspiring scenery, local activities, and Oregon history highlight a motorcycle tour on the scenic highways near Hood River.
- Historic Barlow Road, Columbia River Highway, Mt. Hood Highway, and Warm Springs Highway are ideal scenic routes for motorcycle touring.
- Rental bikes and guided tours are available.
Winding around stately mountains, through river canyons, and under green forest canopies, the scenic highways near Hood River and the Columbia River Gorge are world-class routes to tour on a motorcycle saddle. Not only is the scenery astounding, but these drives have lots of activities, points of interest, and Oregon history to enjoy along the way.
Scenic Motorcycle Drives
While the well-traveled State and Interstate Highways through Oregon offer plenty to see and experience, the best motorcycle tours take travelers off the beaten track. These scenic byways will give you the twists, turns, ascents and descents to make your tour exhilarating.
- Barlow Road: This historic route traces a path that once served as the final overland segment of the Oregon Trail, with Mt. Hood panoramas and historic landmarks along the way. Highway 197 south from The Dalles, to Highway 216 west through Wamic toward Mt. Hood, then Highway 26 to Government Camp and on into Portland.
- Columbia River Scenic Highway: 70 miles beginning in Troutdale and ending in The Dalles; take Interstate 84 east from Portland to Exit 17 and follow the signs south. This historic highway follows the Columbia River Gorge past 5 gorgeous waterfalls, viewpoints, and museums.
- Mount Hood Highway: This 105-mile loop (Highway 35) circles Mt. Hood from Troutdale to Hood River, passing Multnomah Falls, Timberline Lodge, the Hood River Valley orchards, and windsurfers along the Gorge.
- Warm Springs Highway: This gentle 50-mile drive south of Mt. Hood on Highway 26 takes you through Oregon high desert country to the largest Native American reservation in Oregon. Cross the sheer Deschutes River canyons and experience the Museum at Warm Springs.
Guided Tours & Rentals
Experienced motorcycle road guides galore can be found around Hood River, and cycles can be rented too—just check out some of the providers shown below.
- Kayak & Canoe
- Guides & Tours
- Fun For Kids
- Outdoor Rentals
- Chairlift Rides
- Columbia River Cruises
- Scenic Float Trips
- Motorcycle Tours
- Alpine Slide
- Whitewater Rafting
- Horseback Riding
- Windsurfing & Kiteboarding
- Golf Courses
- Horse Pack Trips
- Hiking & Backpacking
- Summer Skiing
- Camping & RV
- Bird Watching
- Wilderness Outfitters