Active tennis players as well as novices with a desire to learn the game will find plenty of opportunities to hit the courts during a visit to Hood River, Oregon.
- Tennis provides great summertime exercise and diversion.
- Both public parks and private athletic clubs have tennis courts in Hood River.
- Tennis instructors and suppliers can be found in the area.
The centuries-old game of tennis gives players a healthy workout regardless of skill level. Summertime Hood River in central Oregon provides an excellent setting to enjoy this popular sport. Summer skies are generally sunny, and plenty of public and private courts are situated around the city for tennis enthusiasts to get in a game.
Where to Play Tennis
- Public Parks: Tsuruta Park, recently dedicated to Hood River’s Sister City (Tsuruta, Japan), is located on May Street between 13th and 17th Streets. Tsuruta has four tennis courts, open for daytime and nighttime play until 10 pm, first come first served.
- Private Courts and Tennis Clubs: Several private gyms and tennis clubs in Hood River offer courts, instruction, and tennis partners.
Lessons, Equipment, & Rentals
Private and group tennis lessons can be found in Hood River; several suppliers sell, rent, or lend tennis rackets; clothing and accessories are available for purchase. Tennis players planning to visit Hood River may find the links on this page useful.